06 October 2013

Moving a ClearCase Remote Client View

The ClearCase Remote Client Eclipse plugin does not include a feature to move a view (CC's term for a local working copy or checkout).  Thankfully, relocating a view is not difficult.

I ran into this problem, yesterday.  I joined a CC "project" which effectively means that I create two new streams and a view on each.  I'm on a windows machine for this work and I wanted to put my views close to the root of the drive.  I updated the path of my development stream, but forgot to do the same of my integration stream.

I had:

c:\clearcase\userj_proj1-v1
c:\Documents and Settings\userj\workspace\userj-proj1-v1_int

So I wanted to move that second view so that it becomes a sibling of the first.

Moving a ClearCase View

Turns out, it's two simple steps:

  1. Exit out of Eclipse/CCRC
  2. move the subtree to the new location in the file system,
  3. edit the .ccase_wvreg file (found in your user home directory) and update the path location.
  4. Restart Eclipse/CCRC.
In my case, .ccase_wvreg is located at c:\Documents and Settings\userj. It's merely a list of paths.

Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment