19 September 2013

(Most Of The Time) I ♥ Chrome

There I was, just minding my own business, writing a detailed message to a friend and ex-colleague on LinkedIn (about 10 minutes into the message)... when my right hand slid the mouse over and accidentally clicked the close button on that tab in Chrome.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!" I panicked.


It wasn't just the time spent writing it (and would have to spend rewriting it), it was all of the turns of phrase and word selection that just went down the drain.  And then I took a deep breath and remembered that Chrome has this feature where you can open recently closed pages...


I hit ⌘T, clicked on the "Recent Closed" menu on the bottom right-hand corner of the page and selected the "LinkedIn" item.


Back popped up my LinkedIn session, complete with the entire message I had written.  It's in moments like these that I really do appreciate the fine engineering that went into this browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment